SonarLint not working with Java 10

zte...@gmail.com

Apr 19, 2018, 8:37:42 PM4/19/18
to SonarLint
Windows 10
SonarLint 3.4
Eclipse Oxygen 4.7.3 & 4.7.3a
Java 8, 9, 10

Bad Behavior: SonarLint fails to show any issues or results with Java 10.  The SonarQube server is running and works fine with Eclipse Oxygen 4.7.3 on Java 8 & 9.

Combinations tried:
  • Java 8, Oxygen 4.7.3 -- works
  • Java 9, Oxygen 4.7.3 -- works
  • Java 10, Oxygen 4.7.3 -- doesn't work, issues/marks not displayed (code, views)
  • Java 10, Oxygen 4.7.3a -- doesn't work (4.7.3a requires Java 10 to run), In the status, I can see the analysis running as in 8 & 9 but no results)

It is very probable that I have done something wrong along the way so I am looking for any hints or just the words, "That doesn't work yet."

thanks

Message has been deleted
Message has been deleted

janos....@sonarsource.com

Apr 27, 2018, 9:07:54 AM4/27/18
to SonarLint
Hi,

We haven't tested running SonarLint with Java 10. It's good to know it doesn't work out of the box, thanks for reporting.

We'll investigate and try to include the fix in the next release, you can track the issue here:

Cheers,
Janos