[Request] Sonarlint - Visual Studio - C# - Maximum number of statements/lines per function

javimar...@gmail.com

Sep 29, 2016, 3:45:18 AM9/29/16
to SonarLint
Hi all,
I'm missing one rule that you can find in other products like Style Cop that would be the maximum number of statements/lines per method/constructor for C# in visual studio.

Regards,

Tamas Vajk

Oct 10, 2016, 2:28:27 AM10/10/16
to javimar...@gmail.com, SonarLint
Hello,

Lately we try to only invest time into bug detection rules, so it's unlikely that we'll implement such a rule in the near future. In any case I filed a JIRA ticket to note your request: https://jira.sonarsource.com/browse/SLVS-1068
Also note that if you really need such a rule, you could implement a first version and send a pull request here: https://github.com/SonarSource-VisualStudio/sonaranalyzer-dotnet

Regards,
Tamas

Tamas VAJK | SonarSource