Custom rules in SonarLint

Lakshmana Swamy

Feb 8, 2017, 5:26:53 AM2/8/17
to SonarLint
Hi All,

I am trying to add a java custom rule to SonarLint. Can anyone help me with that?

I already tried adding java custom rule to SonarQube using the help from template provided and its working fine. Now I want that to be done in SonarLint .

Thanks and Regards,
Lakshmana Swamy P

Lakshmana Swamy

Feb 9, 2017, 12:08:03 AM2/9/17
to SonarLint
Hi all,

I already checked through connected mode and its working fine. I want it to be independent of SonarQube. I tried adding plugin .jar file in .sonarLint folder but no custom violation is caught.

Thanks and Regards,
Lakshmana Swamy P

janos....@sonarsource.com

Feb 9, 2017, 3:57:42 AM2/9/17
to SonarLint
Hi,

We don't support adding plugins in standalone mode. As you discovered, we manage plugins, custom rules and quality profiles at a central place, in SonarQube, and SonarLint can benefit from that only in connected mode.

Note that even though we call it connected mode, there is no active connection between SonarLint and SonarQube. Synchronization happens when you update bindings, but other than that, SonarLint is practically independent, and you can use the plugins and rules downloaded at the last synchronization point.

I hope this helps
Janos

Lakshmana Swamy

Feb 10, 2017, 3:08:28 AM2/10/17
to SonarLint
Hi  Janos,

Thank you for your help.
But surely looking forward for a upgraded version where we can add custom rules in SonarLint completely independent of SonarQube.

Thanks and Regards,
Lakshmana Swamy P

trias...@gmail.com

Jul 13, 2017, 7:01:46 AM7/13/17
to SonarLint
Hi Lakshmana,

Could you help me to explain how you do to add custom rule to SonarQube which you have managed to do, because I did'nt succeed.

Thanks and Regards,
Trias

Janos Gyerik

Jul 13, 2017, 7:24:09 AM7/13/17
to trias...@gmail.com, SonarLint
Hi Trias,

Have you tried the steps in the documentation? https://docs.sonarqube.org/display/DEV/Adding+Coding+Rules+using+Java
With which step do you have difficulty?

Please do not reply to this message, but start a new topic instead, because your problem is only loosely related to the original topic in this thread.

Thank you,
Janos

Janos Gyerik | SonarSource

Software Developer