Sonarlint for Visual Studio 2017 link broken.

SJC

Jan 18, 2017, 5:06:25 AM1/18/17
to SonarLint
On SonarLint.org the link for the visual studio 2017 plugin directs me to a 404 on Visual Studio Market place.

Amaury Leve

Jan 18, 2017, 5:16:12 AM1/18/17
to SJC, SonarLint
Hi,

Thank you for your feedback.
We had to unpublish the extension as there was an issue causing VS to crash. We fixed it and are about to proceed with the release.

Cheers,
DotNet Team

On Wed, Jan 18, 2017 at 11:06 AM SJC <dev...@gmail.com> wrote:
On SonarLint.org the link for the visual studio 2017 plugin directs me to a 404 on Visual Studio Market place.

Amaury LEVE | SonarSource
Software Developer

SJC

Jan 18, 2017, 10:52:19 AM1/18/17
to SonarLint, dev...@gmail.com
Thanks for the quick response, when you about to proceed, will this be within the next 24hrs or a week? What is your release timeline?

Amaury Leve

Jan 18, 2017, 11:12:01 AM1/18/17
to SJC, SonarLint
We don't usually commit on a release date as many things can change. There is an issue on MS side about expired license of VS2017 preventing us to check the new package before the release.
So it is more likely to happen next week.

Cheers,
DotNet Team

Amaury Leve

Jan 19, 2017, 5:59:52 AM1/19/17
to SJC, SonarLint
Hi,
We managed to proceed with the release. You can now download it.

Feel free to post any feedback you have!

Cheers,
DotNet Team

SJC

Jan 19, 2017, 9:58:24 AM1/19/17
to SonarLint, dev...@gmail.com
Hi,

I have installed the plugin and bound to a project on my sonar server, however after downloading the profiles from the server the plugin attempts to install "NuGet package 'SonarAnalyzer.CSharp' " to each project within the solution that fails.

The error message returned refers to visual studio 2015.
"Failed to install NuGet package 'SonarAnalyzer.CSharp' for project '<ProjectName>'. Message: This package can only be installed on Visual Studio 2015."

Any Ideas why this is the case?

Amaury Leve

Jan 19, 2017, 12:26:09 PM1/19/17
to SJC, SonarLint

You will actually need to update to the latest version of sonarC# (the plug-in for c#) to enable installation on VS2017. We had a hardcoded check on the NuGet. When using the connected mode this will use the version used by the server to ensure uniformity across all users.

Cheers,
Dotnet Team