IntelliJ plugin: Please follow IntelliJ font size / DPI

andreasb...@gmail.com

Jun 9, 2017, 4:37:48 PM6/9/17
to SonarLint
Hi,

it would be great of the SonarLint plugin would follow the DPI / font size settings of IntelliJ. Currently, when using a high DPI monitor, the explanations of the Sonar rules are very difficult to read since they are rendered very small.

Thanks in advance,
Andreas

Duarte Meneses

Jun 12, 2017, 3:55:35 AM6/12/17
to andreasb...@gmail.com, SonarLint
Hi Andreas,

Just to be sure, are you referring to the text in the "Rule" tab in the SonarLint tool window?

Duarte Meneses | SonarSource
Software Engineer

Are you using SonarLint in your IDE?

andreasb...@gmail.com

Jun 12, 2017, 2:48:51 PM6/12/17
to SonarLint, andreasb...@gmail.com
Hello Duarte,

thanks for your quick response. Yes, I think we are both referring to the same window. I made a screenshot to illustrate the problem:

As you can see, most font sizes are pretty large (I need that because my eyesight is not the best). IntelliJ gets the information from Windows (where I set the font scaling factor to 150% of the regular size). In general, the SonarLint plugin follows this - you can see that the list of code issues (bottom left) looks fine. However, the explanation of the rule (bottom right) has a very small font in comparison. It would be great if SonarLint would use the same scaling factor there.

Kind regards,
Andreas

uum...@gmail.com

May 23, 2018, 7:09:57 AM5/23/18
to SonarLint
Just want to bump this issue. I'm running Intellij IDEA on a beautiful 4K monitor, with scaling at 250% the font in the Sonarlint Rule window is barely readable!

All the best,
Thomas

janos....@sonarsource.com

May 24, 2018, 7:59:33 AM5/24/18
to SonarLint
Hi Thomas,

Can you please include a screenshot? So that we get an idea of how bad it is.

Thanks,
Janos

uum...@gmail.com

Jun 8, 2018, 3:52:23 AM6/8/18
to SonarLint
Hi!
I now went to get a screenshot, and whaddayaknow, the problem's gone! Maybe fixed in the last update? Or, maybe as intermittent as all the other scaling issues I've seen since I started working on this setup, where I have an external HD monitor extending my laptops 4k one... :)

However, I'd write this one off as no repro. Attaching screenshot nonetheless, so you can see how bad it *isn't*.. Text on the right, under Rule, was previously nano-scale when running on the 4k monitor. Now it's not. :)

All the best,
Thomas Qvidahl

Duarte Meneses

Jun 8, 2018, 3:55:33 AM6/8/18
to uum...@gmail.com, SonarLint
Hi Thomas,

Yes, we did try to fix the problem in the latest bug fix release: https://jira.sonarsource.com/browse/SLI-281.

Thanks for confirming that it was fixed in your 4k monitor!

--
Important: this SonarLint Google Group will close on June 11th, 2018, in order to move to a new forum to power even more community discussions. See details in this post: https://groups.google.com/d/msg/sonarlint/7mRg447YjWM/yk64X5HyAQAJ
---