"Run SonarLint automatically" isn't working in Eclipse

chortel...@gmail.com

Feb 5, 2018, 2:52:02 AM2/5/18
to SonarLint
Hi,

I've recently installed SonarLint in Eclipse. The details of the environment I'm working with are these:

- Eclipse Version: Oxygen.2 Release (4.7.2).
- SonarLint Version: 3.3.1.

I'm testing the tool with a simple "Hello World" code written in Java, and I've realised that the SonarLint On-The-Fly view only updates with new issues  when I save the code, but not automatically as I'm writing on it. Is this behaviour the expected one? In case it's not, why am I facing this problem? Is there any way to solve it? I've been searching for some similar issues in SonarLint forum unsuccesfully.

Thanks for your help.

Carlos.

Duarte Meneses

Feb 5, 2018, 2:58:02 AM2/5/18
to chortel...@gmail.com, SonarLint
Hi Carlos,

The behavior you describe is the expected one. The code is automatically analized when you save the code.

Best regards.

Duarte Meneses | SonarSource
Software Engineer

Are you using SonarLint in your IDE?