Sonar web plugin is not working with sonarlint 2.0

mahima...@gmail.com

Jan 2, 2017, 5:01:56 AM1/2/17
to SonarLint
Hi all,

Sonar web plugin is not working with sonarlint cli 2.0.
same web plugin is working fine with sonarlint cli 1.0.

Can you please suggest on how to support sonarlint web plugin in sonarlint cli 2.0

Thanks,
raj

mahima...@gmail.com

Jan 2, 2017, 5:35:30 AM1/2/17
to SonarLint, mahima...@gmail.com
Adding more information ..

checked with sonar web plugins 2.4  and 2,5
copy sonar-web-plugin-2.4.jar to sonarlint cli plugin directory.(removed all other jars in this plugin directory)

Please find the sonarlint cli 2.0 log
sonarlint-cli-2.0\sonarlint-cli-2.0\bin\..
Picked up JAVA_TOOL_OPTIONS: -Dfile.encoding=UTF8
INFO: Java 1.8.0_45
INFO: Windows 7 6.1 amd64
INFO: Standalone mode
INFO: No analyzers installed
INFO: Index files

I checked with sonarlint web plugin 2.5 also, same issue.

Can you please suggest me on how to use sonar web plugin in sonarlint cli 2.0

Thanks,
RaJ

Julien HENRY

Jan 2, 2017, 6:10:07 AM1/2/17
to Mahima raju, SonarLint
Hi,

I'm surprised you say it was working with SonarLint CLI 1.0. Prior to 2.0 there was no connected mode so only embedded analyzers (java, javascript and php) were supported.

This log:

INFO: Standalone mode
INFO: No analyzers installed

is very surprising. Have you tried to change content of the distribution?

++

Julien

Mahima raju

Jan 3, 2017, 12:43:12 AM1/3/17
to Julien HENRY, SonarLint
Hi Julien,

I removed all plugin jar files in plugin directory and copied only web plugin jar.
I checked with both 2.0 and 1.0
In 1.0 it is running fine. In 2.0 it is not working.

Is there any way to make sonar webplugin working with 2.0.
Please let me know your comments

Thanks,
RaJ

Julien HENRY

Jan 3, 2017, 2:42:36 AM1/3/17
to Mahima raju, SonarLint
Hi RaJ,

What you are doing is not supported. Pre-packaged analyzers are used in standalone mode. If you want to use different analyzers the supported way is to use the connected mode (ie have a SonarQube server installed, and bind your project in SonarLint). Connected mode will use the same analyzers installed on the SonarQube server, so you can have the web plugin if you want.

++

Julien

Mahima raju

Jan 4, 2017, 5:31:53 AM1/4/17