Connected Mode wont work

mal...@gmail.com

Jan 2, 2018, 10:02:03 AM1/2/18
to SonarLint
Hi all

This is my environment
  • Windows 10
  • SonaLint 3.3.1
  • Eclipse Oxygen 4.7.2
  • SonarQube 6.7
I am trying to display the SonarQube reports within Eclipse.
In order to do this I created a new server in "SonarQube Servers" tab, then I linked the local project to the remote one and finally I noticed that the "SonarQube Servers" tab started updating data.
Finally, however, I see nothing in either the "Report" tab or any other tab.

I try also SonarLint 3.1.0 and 2.6.0 without any success.

Thank you in advance for any help!

mal...@gmail.com

Jan 5, 2018, 4:05:21 AM1/5/18
to SonarLint
Hi

Curiously I see that in the folder c:\my home\workspace\.sonarlint\ there are many files.
Reading randomly same file contents there are exactly the same result of sonarqube with the custom rules witch I setted up.
I read a file with the name of my custom rule.

Therefore, since the reports were stored inside the workspace, I suspect that the problem were in the plugin or in eclipse.

Has anyone had this problem too? Any help?

Fabio

Julien HENRY

Jan 8, 2018, 5:06:45 AM1/8/18
to mal...@gmail.com, SonarLint
Hi,

SonarLint is not a tool to display SonarQube reports inside Eclipse. SonarLint will run code analyzers directly on your code inside your IDE.

The SonarLint Report view is populated when you manually trigger an analysis of some files/projects. Right click on a project -> SonarLint -> Run analysis.

++

Julien Henry | SonarSource

Developer

https://sonarsource.com

mal...@gmail.com

Jan 8, 2018, 6:14:46 AM1/8/18
to SonarLint
Hi Julien

Thanks for your reply.
So I don't understand the purpose of SonarLint tool.
I appreciate you work, your tool and your strain, I don't wont criticize but I think this description can be misunderstood (maybe because I'm not English).

Connected to SonarQube and SonarCloud
Benefit from continuous code quality, connecting SonarLint to your SonarQube server or to SonarCloud. SonarLint uses the code analyzers, rules and settings that are used to analyze your project on the server.
Mark an issue as Won't Fix or False Positive on the server and the issue disappears from your IDE.

However now I know what the plugin can do.