SonarLint running in Visual Studio 2017 in the connected mode does not appear to sync customized rule properties (eg. maximumLineLength on S103)

vl...@wiredsolutions.ca

May 16, 2017, 6:10:45 PM5/16/17
to SonarLint
Hi guys,

I am not sure if this is a bug or a limitation, but I am noticing that customized rule properties are not sync'ed in the connected mode in Visual Studio for C#.
For example, the maximumLineLength property for S103 "Lines should not be too long" is customizable in SonarQube and it would be great if that would be sync'ed with SonarLint to get the same feedback in Visual Studio. Currently it seems that SonarLint uses the default values for the rule parameters.
Great work on SonarLint and SonarQube - they are awesome tools!

Thanks,
Vlad

Freddy Mallet

May 23, 2017, 11:12:04 AM5/23/17
to vl...@wiredsolutions.ca, SonarLint
I do confirm that it is a known limitation @Vlad: https://github.com/SonarSource/sonarlint-visualstudio/issues/176
Thanks for your feedback
Freddy

Freddy Mallet | SonarSource

Co-Founder

@FreddyMallet

http://sonarsource.com

vl...@wiredsolutions.ca

Jun 27, 2017, 4:53:36 PM6/27/17
to SonarLint, vl...@wiredsolutions.ca
Hi @Freddy,

Thank you for your reply, and sorry for the delay.
There are quite a few important C# rules with parameters (method complexity, max number of method params) besides the "Lines should not be too long one" that I set as the example (even though some would argue that is important too :) ).
This as an obstacle for us in getting our entire team set up with SonarLint, as in Visual Studio you can get a ton of warnings that are not part of the actual reports.
Is there a way this issue could be made a priority? I don't see a milestone set on the github issue. Based on the original jira ticket, a fix was available but it was reverted due to a bug.

Thanks again,
Vlad