SonarLint eclipse 3.1 swift plugin issues

ifj.sark...@gmail.com

May 9, 2017, 10:41:02 AM5/9/17
to SonarLint
Hi,

I keep getting the following error, after installing SonarLint 3.1 eclipse plugin:

"The following plugins do not meet the required minimum versions, please upgrade them: swift (installed: 1.6, minimum: 1.7)"

I am using Eclipse neon.3, with jdk8. Maybe is it an issue on the sonarqube server (we are using 5.6.3)?

Thanks for your help!

trias...@gmail.com

Sep 7, 2017, 5:05:20 AM9/7/17
to SonarLint
Hi bro,

I guess you are using connected mode. In this mode SonarLint will download (some) analyzers (aka plugins)) from your SonarQube server and use them for the analysis. You have probably installed SonarQube Swift Plugin 1.6 on your SonarQube server but for SonarSwift version that compatible with SonarLint 3.1 is version 1.7.

If you don't have Swift code, just uninstall the Plugin SonarSwift from SonarQube server. If you want to analyze Swift files, please update the plugin SonarSwift on your SonarQube server to use the latest version. Then go back to SonarLint and update data from the server.

Cheers,

Trias

janos....@sonarsource.com

Sep 13, 2017, 10:46:51 AM9/13/17
to SonarLint
Hi,

This has been improved in SonarLint to 3.2. Now it will warn for incompatible plugins, it will not prevent you from binding to SonarQube and using other languages that are compatible.

Cheers,
Janos