Sonarlint for IntelliJ needs python

ju.m...@gmail.com

Jun 9, 2016, 2:20:51 AM6/9/16
to SonarLint
Hi,

I get an error box if I try to do the update bindings.

Message is:
"The following plugins do not meet the required minimum versions, please upgrade them: python (installed: 1.3., minimum 1.5 .....)"

What does it mean? I never installed python on my machine

Thanks
Juergen

Julien HENRY

Jun 9, 2016, 3:22:28 AM6/9/16
to SonarLint, ju.m...@gmail.com
Hi Juergen,

I guess you are using connected mode. In this mode SonarLint will download (some) analyzers (aka plugins)) from your SonarQube server and use them for the analysis. You have probably installed SonarQube Python Plugin 1.3 on your SonarQube server.

If you don't have python, code, just remove it. If you want to analyze Python files, please update the plugin on your SonarQube server to use the latest version. Then go back to SonarLint and update data from the server.

++

Julien

Juergen Melzer

Jun 9, 2016, 4:21:59 AM6/9/16
to Julien HENRY, SonarLint
Hi Julien,

I am working i a big company with plenty of projects. I can't adminstrate the server by myself and I don't think they will remove the analyzer. And to upgrade the server with a new version it will takes month for doing it.

Any other idea?

Thanks
Juergen

Julien HENRY

Jun 9, 2016, 4:31:26 AM6/9/16
to Juergen Melzer, SonarLint

And to upgrade the server with a new version it will takes month for doing it.

Just to sure sure: no need to update the SonarQube server, just the Python plugin (the installed version is quite old anyway).

We have some discussions regarding ability to exclude some analyzers using configuration in SonarLint itself but that is not yet clearly defined.

++

amutha...@gmail.com

Sep 15, 2016, 10:16:54 AM9/15/16
to SonarLint, julien...@sonarsource.com, ju.m...@gmail.com, Amutha Thangavel
HI am facing similar issue, in my case i cannot make any change in remote server.In this case how can i proceed with ..should I download all plugins??

Julien HENRY

Sep 20, 2016, 3:25:19 AM9/20/16
to SonarLint, julien...@sonarsource.com, ju.m...@gmail.com, amutha...@gmail.com
Hi,

If plugins on your server are outdated, you would better not use the connected mode anyway. SonarLint now embeds latest Python plugin.

++

Julien