S101: False positive with RabbitMQCallback

pa...@paulomorgado.info

Mar 7, 2017, 8:51:20 AM3/7/17
to SonarLint
RabbitMQCallback is composed of Rabbit MQ and Callback. Because MQ is a two letter acronym, it should be all caps. See here and example: IOStream

Nicolas Peru

Mar 8, 2017, 2:20:43 AM3/8/17
to pa...@paulomorgado.info, SonarLint
Hi Paulo,

You may want to use courtesy words such as Hi, and Thanks when addressing a message to this group. It helps get things smoother.

Can you please detail your problem and more specifically detail which language you are analysing and which version of SonarLint you are using ?

Thanks

Le mar. 7 mars 2017 à 14:51, <pa...@paulomorgado.info> a écrit :
RabbitMQCallback is composed of Rabbit MQ and Callback. Because MQ is a two letter acronym, it should be all caps. See here and example: IOStream

Nicolas PERU | SonarSource
Senior Developer
http://sonarsource.com

pa...@paulomorgado.info

Mar 8, 2017, 4:36:34 AM3/8/17
to SonarLint, pa...@paulomorgado.info
Hi,

Sorry. I didn't mean to be disrespectful.

I'm using the SonarAnalyzer.CSharp NuGet package version 1.23.0.1857 with C# and I wasn't aware that S101 was non-deterministic.

I also didn't make the link I share clear:

Development Guide > Framework Design Guidelines > Naming Guidelines > Capitalization Conventions

Thanks,
Paulo Morgado

tamas...@gmail.com

Mar 26, 2017, 4:50:02 PM3/26/17
to SonarLint, pa...@paulomorgado.info, dot...@sonarsource.com
Hello Paulo,

I'm replying here after your PM to me.
This is the place to ask these questions and report issues. As Nicolas said it's a good idea to say hello and thank you. People tend to forget it exactly once. :-)

This is a topic where it's difficult to find consensus. I personally find RabbitMqCallback equally good as RabbitMQCallback. However Sonar rules should not contradict MS suggestions, so I agree with you, this should be fixed. As a general rule SonarSource nowadays focuses more on finding bugs, so naming rules like this one are lower priority. Someone on the team will create a JIRA ticket to track this issue, but maybe it's fastest if you contribute this change to SonarAnalyzer here: https://github.com/SonarSource/sonar-csharp/blob/master/sonaranalyzer-dotnet/src/SonarAnalyzer.CSharp/Rules/ClassName.cs

@Dotnet Team, please correct me if needed.

Regards,
Tamas

pa...@paulomorgado.info

Mar 26, 2017, 5:24:00 PM3/26/17
to SonarLint, pa...@paulomorgado.info, dot...@sonarsource.com, tamas...@gmail.com
Thanks for the reply, Tamas.

Cheers,
Paulo Morgado

Freddy Mallet

Mar 28, 2017, 4:08:40 AM3/28/17
to pa...@paulomorgado.info, SonarLint, dot...@sonarsource.com, tamas...@gmail.com
Hi @Paulo,

Jira ticket has been created and will be fixed in version SonarC# 5.10 : https://jira.sonarsource.com/browse/SONARCS-877

even if I really don't want to hurt a young father @Tamas :), you know that I strongly disagree on the following statement : "As a general rule SonarSource nowadays focuses more on finding bugs, so naming rules like this one are lower priority"

Detection of "Code Smells", "Bugs" and sooner or later "Vulnerabilities" are equally important. It's true that in the past years we invested a lot to develop our dataflow engines but detection of code smells remains a key feature of the Sonar ecosystem.

Thanks for your contribution @Paulo and @Tamas !
Cheers
Freddy
--