Fail to request .../api/system/status

Greg Bishop

Aug 25, 2017, 1:19:46 PM8/25/17
to SonarLint
I am attempting to run SonarLink in connected mode. I've created a token but I continue to get the Fail to request https://sonar/.../api/system.status. If I copy that url and paste it into my browser the link works fine.

SonarQube: 6.3
SonarLint: 3.2.0
Eclipse 4.7

I do have the proxy setup in Eclipse, which works when I connect to the Eclipse Marketplace. Also I do require a smart card to access the SonarQube server. I'm thinking that is the issue, but I do not know the way forward with this.

I would appreciate any help.

Thank you.

Blake Martin

Aug 28, 2017, 4:34:09 PM8/28/17
to SonarLint
Here's what I did to connect to SonarQube via Eclipse:
  • In /usr/java/latest/jre/lib/security, add an entry for the SunPKCS11 security provider and a login callback handler:
security.provider.10=sun.security.pkcs11.SunPKCS11 /etc/pkcs11.cfg
auth.login.defaultCallbackHandler=com.sun.security.auth.callback.DialogCallbackHandler
  • Contents of /etc/pkcs11.cfg:
name = SmartCard
library = /usr/lib64/pkcs11/libcoolkeypk11.so
slot = 2
  • In eclipse.ini, set JVM arguments to use the new security provider:
-Djavax.net.ssl.keyStore=NONE
-Djavax.net.ssl.keyStoreProvider=SunPKCS11-SmartCard
-Djavax.net.ssl.keyStoreType=PKCS11
    Tips/Notes:
    • This assumes you have 9 existing security providers (which is what my vanilla 1.8.0_141 HotSpot JVM had). The security provider numbering must be sequential. Ensure yours is last.
    • DialogCallbackHandler is deprecated.
    • In pkcs11.cfg, slot = 2 should be optional. However, my laptop has a built-in card reader that doesn't work and libcoolkey tries to use that instead of my USB card reader. Try omitting this parameter. If that doesn't work, try 1, then 2, etc.
    • Your keyStoreProvider value will be SunPKCS11-<name>, there name is the value specified in pkcs11.cfg.

    alefe...@gmail.com

    Sep 4, 2017, 10:02:01 AM9/4/17
    to SonarLint
    Hi Blake! What should I do if i have Windows OS?