Cycle implementation bug in Eclipse/SonarLint

Rann L

May 24, 2018, 3:10:13 PM5/24/18
to SonarLint

After looking at the following question at StackOverflow, I attempted to reproduce the described use case and experienced it exactly as described:

This issue was reproduced on Eclipse Oxygen.2 Release (4.7.2) with SonarLint 3.5.0. I also tried this use case in IntelliJ, but the issue was not encountered.

Steps to reproduce :

  1. Created an empty interface called 'Menu'
  2. Created a simple class with an enum called 'Menu' which implements 'Menu' (as seen in the snapshot).
  3. Despite the linter complaining on detecting a cycle, I saved the edited class.
  4. The error messages found in the snapshots were encountered.

Rann L

Jun 11, 2018, 2:47:20 AM6/11/18
to SonarLint
It has been nearly three weeks since I posted this issue and no one has addressed it.
At the VERY LEAST please inform me if this issue will not be handled, instead of an unprofessional silence.
With my very best wishes and respect,
Rann L.

Julien HENRY

Jun 11, 2018, 2:59:44 AM6/11/18
to Rann L, SonarLint
Hi Rann,

Sorry for the late reply. I was able to reproduce, thanks for the detailed report. Here is a ticket you can follow:

++

Julien Henry | SonarSource

Developer

https://sonarsource.com

--
Important: this SonarLint Google Group will close on June 11th, 2018, in order to move to a new forum to power even more community discussions. See details in this post: https://groups.google.com/d/msg/sonarlint/7mRg447YjWM/yk64X5HyAQAJ
---