Volunteers Needed for ArtBeat 2024 on Saturday July 13th

Heather Balchunas

Jun 22, 2024, 3:03:08 PMJun 22
to somervi...@googlegroups.com

Hello Lovely Arts Council Volunteers!!

Our festival season is here and of course that means ArtBeat will soon be here. (Saturday, July 13th). This year, we will be letting our hair down to bust out and get a bit wacky with our theme, WILD! (see description below). We will be looking for a team of volunteers to help us out. If you are interested in volunteering, please fill out our ArtBeat 2024 Volunteer Form https://forms.gle/DhT6UVyNPn9zSvmT6

Here is a highlighted list of some of the volunteer opportunities:

ArtBeat: Saturday, July 13 (day & night) (rain date: Sunday, July 14) for:

  • Set-up crew
  • Info table greeters
  • Activity volunteers
  • Take-down crew
  • Sign-makers
  • Dog-tag sellers

As you peruse the descriptions & information in our questionnaire, fill out the opportunities that most interest you. We will then follow-up with the available volunteer slots.

As with any large-scale festival, volunteers are needed throughout the day and into the evening (set up at 8 a.m. until the 10 p.m.). So, there are lots of opportunities to get involved. Typically, we request a minimum of a two-hour shift.

Feel free to reach out to me if you have any questions.

Take care,

Heather

About the Festival:

Saturday July 13th  Davis Square, Somerville MA

(Rain Date: Sunday July 14th)

somervilleartscouncil.org/artbeat/2024

2024 theme: Wild

At this year’s festival, we will explore all that is wild, and the myriad ways this word can be interpreted. Wild can convey that which is uninhabited, untamed and convey images like lushness, luxuriance, and nature in its pure unkempt form. Wild can also convey that which is feral, fierce, and unconventional. How will Somerville and all its artists and community members interpret this theme? We anticipate a wild ride. Whatever the art form or mode of expression, we seek performances and activities that are "out there," weird, and exuberant. Let's generate artistic expression by leaving polite society behind and wander into the wild.

Heather Balchunas

Office Manager/Art Coordinator

Somerville Arts Council

617-625-6600 x 2985

www.somervilleartscouncil.org

City of Somerville
Mayor Katjana  Ballantyne

City of Somerville Public Records Notice

Please be advised that the Massachusetts Attorney General has determined that email is a public record unless the content of the email falls within one of the stated exemptions under the Massachusetts Public Records Laws.