Call to Artists for SAC’s Inside-OUT Gallery ArtBeat 2024 Wild Exhibit- Deadline June 20th

Heather Balchunas

Jun 20, 2024, 5:39:00 PMJun 20
to somervi...@googlegroups.com

Call to Artists for Somerville Art Council’s Inside-OUT Gallery

ArtBeat 2024 Wild Exhibit- Deadline June 20th

Exhibit Theme: Wild

To accompany this year’s ArtBeat 204 festival, Somerville Art Council’s Inside-Out Gallery in Davis Square invites Somerville based artists of all ages, Somerville residents, and/or artists maintaining work spaces in Somerville to submit work for a group exhibit that fits their interpretation of the word, ‘WILD’.

Think psychedelic and out of the ordinary. Or perhaps your artwork makes use of uncultivated, natural materials? Are your subjects uncanny or unusual? Is there a spirit of luxurious or exuberance in the work?

Let it all go and let’s go wild together! We want to fill the Inside-Out (Davis Square) windows with an unbridled sensibility of what “wild” means to you!

***Space is limited! We encourage artists to submit work in a range of different sizes. Keep in mind that each panel in the display window has the following dimensions: Height – 7’.5”, Depth – 16", Width – 3’ and 5” ****

Submission deadline is June 20th.  All artists will be notified by June 24th

To view submission guidelines and apply, go to the Google Form Application here:

https://forms.gle/CrsDHsagUFmrQ58a7

Photo cover image: Edie Bresler

About the Somerville Arts Council ArtBeat 2024 theme: WILD

Join the Arts Council on Saturday, July 13th, 2024 for Somerville’s longest running street festival in Davis Square.

At this year‘s festival, we will explore all that is wild, and the myriad ways this word can be interpreted. Wild can convey that which is uninhabited, untamed and convey images like lushness, luxuriance, and nature in its pure unkempt form. Wild can also convey that which is feral, savage, and unconventional. How will Somerville and all its artists and community members interpret this theme? We anticipate a wild ride. Whatever the art form or mode of expression, we seek performances and activities that are “out there,” weird, and exuberant. Let’s generate artistic expression by leaving polite society behind, and wandering into the wild.

We encourage you to tie in proposals to this year’s theme. Although bands, for example, don’t need to relate a performance to the theme (although you’re welcome to try!), we hope many other applicants will engage with the idea of “WILD”

Heather Balchunas

Office Manager/Art Coordinator

Somerville Arts Council

617-625-6600 x 2985

www.somervilleartscouncil.org

City of Somerville
Mayor Katjana  Ballantyne

City of Somerville Public Records Notice

Please be advised that the Massachusetts Attorney General has determined that email is a public record unless the content of the email falls within one of the stated exemptions under the Massachusetts Public Records Laws.