SoMakeIt Dalek proposal

James Bruton

Apr 14, 2022, 11:42:19 AM4/14/22
to Southampton Makerspace
This message is to let SoMakeIt members know about a proposal relating to the SoMakeIt Dalek, 'Alan the Dalek', which was originally built as a group project. Alan has been very neglected and also consumes a fair amount of space at SoMakeIt, so we have looked at alternative plans for storing him.

Chris Smith, who was one of the founding Trustees, has offered to store and maintain Alan at his workshop, but we can also have Alan back for events etc. This seems like a good idea, but we are also open to alternative proposals or suggestions.

Ideally if we were to keep Alan at the space then members will need to maintain him and actively use him to promote the space by taking him to events etc.

If no one objects then we will probably move the Dalek to Chris's workshop in Whiteley. Chris is also open to members visiting to help out with maintenance if they would like to. You can check out Chris's YouTube channel at: https://www.youtube.com/c/TheWoodgineer

James
Trustee