SMI Opening with Limited Access

Ed Chaney

Dec 7, 2020, 8:40:01 AM12/7/20
to soma...@googlegroups.com
Hi all,

Since Hampshire is in Tier 2 Covid restrictions it seems we can return to limited opening, similar to before the previous lockdown.

Thus the space will be open to members, with the following conditions:

 - Do not come if you have had COVID symptoms, exposure to or a positive test result in the last 10 days.
 - Inform the trustees if you develop COVID within 10 days of a visit to the space.
 - Maximum occupancy 5 total, 3 in the clean room and 2 in the workshop.
 - No guests or public.
 - Follow social distancing rules: Stay 2m apart at all times.
 - Practice good hygiene: wash your hands, cover your mouth when sneezing, don't touch your face.
 - Practice cleanliness: clean benches, communal areas and equipment after use.
 - Face coverings are required by law whenever indoors with people that are not part of your household or bubble. That means we should be wearing them when at the space unless you are alone.

SMI will provide cleaning and hand washing supplies and we will have several cleaning packs distributed around the rooms. Please use them.

To help keep numbers below the maximum occupancy please use slack #space_open_accounce or the googlegroup to coordinate with other members about your visit.

Because the space is not large and there are various pinch-points in the rooms the only sensible option is to limit the numbers of people in the space. The limits set here should allow everyone to maintain a comfortable 2m social distancing at all times, but we can always revise them if needed.

I have created a basic risk assessment, please let me know if you have anything to contribute to this: https://docs.google.com/document/d/11nUmS_SLfFy6zmbHLxIRG3-D-zladUavvX7xJkWflpw/edit?usp=sharing

Kind Regards,

Ed