The Trustees have discussed the latest advice from government this evening and sadly we have decided that public openings of So Make It should be cancelled effective immediately until further notice. This is to help reduce the risk of sharing the virus to members, our friends, families and the wider public.
Keyholders and members may still access the space with the follow conditions:
- Do not come to the space if you have had either of the main symptoms of covid-19 in the last 7 days (a persistent cough or a high temperature).
- Persons at risk such as those over 70 or with suppressed immune systems should consider not coming to the space.
- If you are diagnosed with covid-19 and were at the space within the last 14 days, please email trus...@somakeit.org.uk
so we can help to notify other people that may have been exposed.
- Practice good hygiene at all times, for example: Wash hands thoroughly and often, clean the work surfaces with detergent, cover your nose and month when you cough or sneeze and put used tissues in the bin.
- Allow additional space around yourself and others, at least 2 metres is recommend by some health experts, this may mean keeping the number of people in the space at the same time to a minimum.
- Use this google group or the #space-open-announce slack channel to co-ordinate with other members and keyholders.
This is mainly based on advise found on the NHS website, we suggest you check this regularly for updates and act accordingly: https://www.nhs.uk/conditions/coronavirus-covid-19/
Many thanks everyone, look after yourselves and each other. If you're not here already, join us on slack: http://slack.somakeit.org.uk/