Hi Everybody, hope you are well.
It's becoming apparent from first hand reports that the NHS does not have enough PPE in stock to provide doctors and nurses the protection from catching and spreading Covid-19. This is adding to the crisis and it affects us all.
There are a number of open source projects under way to manufacture PPE and So Make It is getting involved. We're looking for volunteers to help.
We have 3 of our Lulzbot minis set up and printing right now at the space, the Taz 6 is also operational offsite. We are currently capable of producing around 80-100 units per day.
Our immediate needs:
- People with basic 3D print understanding to come to the space to mange, assemble and package the printed parts several times a day. We'd set up a rota for this.
- Someone to fix the 4th Mini (it can be dropped to your house)
- Someone to do change the extruder and do firmware update on the Taz3 (can be dropped to your house)
- PETG filament (PLA is ok and we have plenty, PETG is better because of sterilisation)
- A4 or larger OHP transparencies / binder covers
- CAD support to modify any designs to suit our printers and materials (work underway on this already)
- Someone to create the gcode to print on the large delta
- Driver to collect and deliver completed parts to hospitals or drop off points
- Anyone with a 3D printer at home to start printing
Please come and join the slack channels:
We need to maintain distancing as well so more than 2-3 people in the space at any one time is likely to be unacceptable.
Please get in touch if you can help, many thanks.