Free monitor

Jack Grace

Jan 19, 2023, 2:25:08 PM1/19/23
to Southampton Makerspace
Howdy yall!
My boss is getting rid of an old monitor from the office and I was wondering if anybody wants it, either to use or cannibalize for parts.
I think she said it was 24"? Unsure, I am not great with computers. It is free though.

James Bruton

Jan 19, 2023, 2:26:31 PM1/19/23
to Southampton Makerspace
Hi Jack,

If it's a widescreen (16:9) LCD monitor then we'll take it, otherwise we have plenty of older ones.

Thanks
James

Jack Grace

Jan 19, 2023, 2:57:10 PM1/19/23
to Southampton Makerspace
I'll bring it in tomorrow evening if any other members are showing up,  just in case anyone takes a fancy to it (either as a monitor or any other components for anything else) otherwise I guess I'll have a third monitor for my PC now. Not gonna leave it behind if no one wants it, as it takes up a fair amount of space.

James Bruton

Jan 19, 2023, 3:01:28 PM1/19/23
to Southampton Makerspace
Hi Jack, Friday isn't one of our normal openings. It's worth checking on Slack if anyone else is about ( https://join.slack.com/t/somakeit/shared_invite/zt-1l65hxppg-LxPLAgIQDy6ki0beeTWr1g if you haven't registered already)

James Bruton

Jan 19, 2023, 3:12:51 PM1/19/23
to Southampton Makerspace

We'll have it for the space to replace the 4:3 monitor on the PC by yhe 3Dprinters if that's OK with you.

hollydaw...@gmail.com

Jan 21, 2023, 10:15:27 AM1/21/23
to soma...@googlegroups.com, James Bruton
Hey, just gonna jump on this thread about a monitor too. Added a link to the exact model specs below.
Couple of months ago it just wouldn't turn on, not sure why though (checked the fuse in plug but it didn't make a difference) We got a new gaming monitor as a birthday present so have no need for it now. I know you guys are pretty clever with this sort of thing and wondered if you could either take it and fix or use for parts?
Happy to drop it down to the makerspace at some point.

Holly

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/somakeit/b941dbf4-82bb-4e33-b4e0-a70a48737d24n%40googlegroups.com
.

James Bruton

Jan 24, 2023, 4:37:36 AM1/24/23
to Southampton Makerspace
Hi Holly,

I bounced it off our membership but there doesn't seem to be much enthusiasm to try to fix it. Thanks for the offer.

James

hollydaw...@gmail.com

Jan 24, 2023, 5:09:25 AM1/24/23
to soma...@googlegroups.com, James Bruton