SoMakeIt needs your help

Chris Nash

Aug 15, 2021, 8:51:43 AM8/15/21
to Southampton Makerspace

Dear current and prospective members!

It’s finally here, it’s time for us to reopen and we are looking forward to being open again, especially on Tuesday and Thursday evenings, but we need your help! There are lots of things that need to be done to make the space the best it can be and to become a more attractive, enjoyable and exciting place for us all to be and help us attract new members.

We are asking all members to let us know if they are able to volunteer their time or their skills to help us continue to grow and maintain the space. The following projects are being considered but we cannot do these without your help.

  1. Clearing out all of the excess junk, and unwanted materials.
  2. Reorganising the members storage area.
  3. Painting the floor.
  4. Painting and decorating the walls and ceiling.
  5. Helping decide which tools and machines we need to be buying.
  6. Diagnosing the taz minis.
  7. Sorting through the tools in the workshop and categorising what needs replacing.
  8. Fitting better quality CCTV.

Please contact the trustees, comment on the google groups announcement or post in the #general channel on slack if you are able to help us restore the space back to its ultimate glory.

We look forward to seeing you again on Tuesday and Thursday evenings between 7pm and 11pm.

The Trustees