New to Southampton from South Africa

Alastair Fenner

Dec 23, 2021, 8:40:20 AM12/23/21
to Southampton Makerspace
Hello everyone - I just moved to Southampton from way down in South Africa. I was a hobbyist woodworker and apprenticing under a professional. I am looking for a makerspace that has wood tools I would be able to use once I've found employment.

How much would membership be and how would I participate properly?

Thank you.

James Bruton | XRobots.co.uk

Dec 24, 2021, 6:19:25 AM12/24/21
to Southampton Makerspace
The best thing to do come along on a Tuesday to one of the open evenings. I'm not sure much will be happening next week, so probably in January would be the best time. In the meantime you can join our Slack chat channel which is quote active: http://slack.somakeit.org.uk/

Membership is 'pay what it's worth to you', but we encourage members to pay around £20-30 per month depending on usage of the space.  We have wood and metal working tools and we're just finishing off re-arranging the workshop area including fitting new dust extraction and air filtering.