Notice of SoMakeIt EGM 8th November

James Bruton

Sep 29, 2022, 11:50:18 AM9/29/22
to Southampton Makerspace
There will be a SoMakeIt EGM on Tuesday 8th November at 8pm. This will occur just before the monthly Members' meeting.

We currently have one member who has requested to stand as a Trustee, so the EGM is taking place to facilitate a members’ vote.

Any other proposals for the EGM should be submitted by the start of October, however these should only be for major changes such as changes to the constitution etc - anything else can be dealt with at the Members’ meeting through the normal processes.

If any other members also want to become a Trustee then now’s the time to stand up!

Voting for new Trustees will be anonymous, in person (on voting slips), or by remote/proxy as usual.

The Trustee Team

James Bruton

Oct 7, 2022, 5:06:03 PM10/7/22
to Southampton Makerspace
In my Google Group posting I Said proposals had to be submitted by the start of October, which is of course wrong since I only wrote the post on Sep 29th. I meant the start of Nov.

Abbey Scofield-Marlowe

Oct 18, 2022, 12:54:20 PM10/18/22
to Southampton Makerspace

Hi all.  I’m the member who has come forward to possibly become a trustee.  I’ve been a member of the space since around April and have been pretty active, except for the last month as I’ve been dealing with some health stuff.  I can’t work, so I have a lot of free time that I’d be happy to use for the space.  I can’t always physically help as much as I’d like at events like Hack the Space days so this would be another way for me to contribute.  I’m fairly legally aware as my partner is legally trained and we frequently talk about law stuff and I hope this background will help me with the legal compliance side of being a trustee.

I look forward to continuing to be a part of the space, however this goes.  I apologise for the significant delay in posting this but I haven’t been in a position to do so until now.

Abbey Scofield-Marlowe

James Bruton

Oct 18, 2022, 12:55:14 PM10/18/22
to Southampton Makerspace
I second the proposal, and it'll be added to the agenda.

James

Holly N

Oct 18, 2022, 12:55:49 PM10/18/22
to soma...@googlegroups.com
Can you please make a separate topic for your proposal to run so it can be fully discussed?

Chris Murray

Nov 1, 2022, 8:40:57 PM11/1/22
to Southampton Makerspace
Will the EGM/MMM be accessible remotely?

All the best,

Chris 8-)

James Bruton

Nov 2, 2022, 4:19:04 AM11/2/22
to Southampton Makerspace
As long as there's a machine available to run it on then it will be.

Might be worth emailing in your vote in advance just in case though.

Thanks
James