Member & Workshop Induction process

James Bruton

Mar 16, 2023, 4:24:06 PM3/16/23
to Southampton Makerspace
We are introducing a formal Member and Workshop Induction which must be completed by all new and current SoMakeIt members. The induction is a list of rules, risk assessments, and reference material:

All members must read the pages that make up the General Member Induction and the Workshop Induction. There is a tracking form linked to from the page above so we can record who has read and understood the induction material.

Obviously we don't expect everyone to remember everything that is has been documented, so members should be aware that they can refer back to the pages at any time - the link to the material is from the main menu on the SoMakeIt website: 'Inductions and Processes': https://somakeit.org.uk/

The majority of the induction material is not new - the majority of the processes have been in place for years but we have now just put the information in one place.

We are aiming to have all active members read and sign off on the induction by the next members' meeting which is on April 11th. If there are any questions or issues please let Trustees know.

Thanks
SoMakeIt Trustees