Trustees meeting minutes 19th March 2020

Ed Chaney

Mar 20, 2020, 4:09:32 PM3/20/20
to soma...@googlegroups.com
This meeting was conducted online via Hangouts due to Covid-19.

Present: Dave R, Ed C, James B
Apologies from Chris N

1. Action relating to Covid-19
  • It was agreed that we remain closed to the public, however members may visit providing they follow all advice from government regarding social distancing and self-isolation, as per previous notification.
  • Take steps to update website (Dave) and wiki (Ed) to reflect that we are closed to public.
  • Hack the Space will be cancelled until further notice.
  • The AGM will be postponed until later this year. Holding the meeting online was discussed but suggested this will alienate a large number of members.
2. What health and safety steps can be taken in light of reduced access to the space
  • Prepare to order fire extinguishers (Chris)
  • Order drill guards
  • Not much more we can do other than prepare in the background
3. Finance and accounts
  • We anticipate that the finance will be hit by covid-19 causing a lack of attendance so reduced tuck shop funds, some members may cancel subscriptions if the crisis puts them into hardship.
  • There are savings as contingency and will also investigate any government support available to small businesses. That said, it is noted we do not have a substantial monthly surplus.
  • We will begin putting all our accounting onto Pandle, an online system costing £5/month. This has many features of more expensive systems including multiple users and levels of access.
4. Website
  • We need to establish who has the admin logins for our online services. Dave to follow this up with previous Trustees.
  • Hoping to trial BBMS from Build Brighton to see if it can adequately replace our system, awaiting support from Ben C.