Propose to create a new repository - solvcon-kvm

Taihsiang Ho

Feb 10, 2018, 1:12:46 AM2/10/18
to sol...@googlegroups.com
Hi team,

Regarding our earlier discussion thread[1], we would like to develop a kvm-based development and test environment, including a single node and a cluster. I think we may consider to host the scripts and code in another repository instead of solvcon-gce. Here is why:

    - solvcon-gce should host code using and being used by gce as its suffix. The local KVM management stuff will be a bit confused to host the code in solvcon-gce.
    - git submodule could help us to glue solvcon-kvm to solvcon-gce at the later phase of the development plan[1].
    - we could collect the kvm-related idea, drafts, blueprints in the associated repository/project rather than solvcon-gce or an issue report like[1].

Call for comments. Thanks.

Cheers,
Taihsiang