what does pcl means in parcel/gas/probe.py?

Taihsiang Ho

Aug 17, 2015, 5:55:29 PM8/17/15
to sol...@googlegroups.com
Hi,
I was trying to figure how the probe hook works.
I encountered something that I could not figure out:
the meaning of an attribute "pcl" in parcel/gas/probe.py

            points = [pt for pt in svr.runanchors[self.name].points
                if pt.pcl >= 0]

It looks like pcl is a flag or something like that to help us to pick up associated points to be probed.

Besides, in the same py file:

    def locate_cell(self, svr):
        icl, ifl, jcl, jfl = svr.alg.locate_point(self.crd)
        self.pcl = icl

So I supposed pcl must relate to some features of cells.

Could anyone tell me the meaning, especially physical meaning, of this "pcl" attribute because I did not see it in the document?
Of course I could dig into svr.alg.locate_point but I think it will be nice to have a record on the internet via mailing list, and save my day ;)

I appreciate any of your comment. Thanks.

Yung-Yu Chen

Aug 17, 2015, 6:03:37 PM8/17/15
to sol...@googlegroups.com
solvcon.parcel.gas.probe.Probe.pcl attribute remembers the index of which cell the Probe object is tracking.  It is set in Probe.locate_point().  "pcl" itself is by no means a good name.  It can use additional code comments or be changed to a better name.  Patches are welcomed.

Regards,
Yung-Yu

Yung-Yu Chen
http://yyc.solvcon.net/