Google code will be gone soon, move to Github/Bitbucket?

James Andres

Mar 19, 2015, 12:53:26 PM3/19/15
to sol...@googlegroups.com
Hello all,

We have been making use of solrpy on a few projects and I would hate to see it fade away :). Google code is scheduled to be shut down (see: http://google-opensource.blogspot.co.uk/2015/03/farewell-to-google-code.html) so this project needs a new home.

Any thoughts?

PS: I maintain a few patches for solrpy fixing some issues relating to underscores being truncated to periods in query parameters. GH/BB would sure make it easier to bring this in as a pull request.

Thanks,

Ed Summers

Mar 19, 2015, 1:05:07 PM3/19/15
to sol...@googlegroups.com
Hi James:

I ran the export to Github, which worked on the second try:

    https://github.com/edsu/solrpy

I probably should have moved solrpy to Github a while ago. I thought briefly about making an org account, but that seemed a bit overkill given what solrpy is, or aimed to be.

//Ed

Leonardo Santagada

Mar 19, 2015, 4:41:41 PM3/19/15
to sol...@googlegroups.com
I would suggest moving it to a organization and not a personal repo, just to make it easier to delegate access.

Leonardo Santagada

Ed Summers

Mar 19, 2015, 4:48:40 PM3/19/15
to sol...@googlegroups.com

> On Mar 19, 2015, at 4:41 PM, Leonardo Santagada <sant...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> I would suggest moving it to a organization and not a personal repo, just to make it easier to delegate access.

Thanks for the suggestion, but I really don’t feel any need for it. Feel free to do it if you want of course.

//Ed

Fred Drake

Mar 20, 2015, 8:33:38 AM3/20/15
to sol...@googlegroups.com
On Thu, Mar 19, 2015 at 1:05 PM, Ed Summers <e...@pobox.com> wrote:
> I probably should have moved solrpy to Github a while ago. I thought briefly
> about making an org account, but that seemed a bit overkill given what
> solrpy is, or aimed to be.

I think this is fine, especially given the recent activity level. We
can add an org account in the future if needed.

-Fred

--
Fred L. Drake, Jr. <fred at fdrake.net>
"A storm broke loose in my mind." --Albert Einstein