Cleaning up unpickling errors

Fred Drake

Dec 2, 2013, 3:23:05 PM12/2/13
to sol...@googlegroups.com
Long, long ago, I started a patch to fix a couple of problems with the
exceptions in the solr package, but never got around to finishing what
I wanted to do.

The one change I did finish is one I can still use, so I'd like to get
that landed if there are no objections. In particular, the change
allows solr.SolrException instances to be unpickled without errors.
The patch is here:

https://code.google.com/r/fdrake-solrpy-better-exceptions/

-Fred

--
Fred L. Drake, Jr. <fdrake at gmail.com>
"A storm broke loose in my mind." --Albert Einstein

Fred Drake

Dec 3, 2013, 4:24:56 PM12/3/13
to sol...@googlegroups.com
On Monday, December 2, 2013 3:23:05 PM UTC-5, Fred Drake wrote:
The one change I did finish is one I can still use, so I'd like to get
that landed if there are no objections.  In particular, the change
allows solr.SolrException instances to be unpickled without errors.

FWIW, I posted a review request issue, here:

Since then, I decided to go ahead and land the changes.

Will release shortly.