Creating collection from Solrpy

Sagar Seth

Nov 8, 2013, 4:28:30 AM11/8/13
to sol...@googlegroups.com
Hello All,

Is it possible to create a Collection on the fly, like completely from a python module ?

I want achieve following automation

1. create dynamic solr collection
2. import data
3. let users (30-40 users) use it for (3-5 hours)
4. remove the collection .

Leonardo Santagada

Nov 8, 2013, 6:42:56 AM11/8/13
to sol...@googlegroups.com
You can send whatever you want to solr... So yes it is possible.

Leonardo Santagada

Robert Parker

Aug 29, 2014, 10:18:30 AM8/29/14
to sol...@googlegroups.com
Does anyone have any good code examples for this?  I need to write a tool to migrate a collection on one SolrCloud to another SolrCloud in another datacenter, then once the collection is migrated, use the collections API to point a collections alias to that new copied collection.  Is this possible with solrpy by itself or will I also need to use urllib/requests lib to do the admin API calls as well? Does anyone have something like this already written?

Thanks

Leonardo Santagada

Aug 30, 2014, 9:25:43 AM8/30/14
to sol...@googlegroups.com

On Fri, Aug 29, 2014 at 11:18 AM, Robert Parker <repar...@gmail.com> wrote:
Does anyone have any good code examples for this?  I need to write a tool to migrate a collection on one SolrCloud to another SolrCloud in another datacenter, then once the collection is migrated, use the collections API to point a collections alias to that new copied collection.  Is this possible with solrpy by itself or will I also need to use urllib/requests lib to do the admin API calls as well? Does anyone have something like this already written?

I don't think solrpy supports collection api. Talking about not supporting stuff... I'm one of the authors of solrpy and I'm thinking why don't we just put a link to pysolr and declare this library deprecated? Has someone looked at pysolr and can comment if there is any advantage that we still have over it?

--

Leonardo Santagada