SolrNet Sample App Database Config Problems

Lisa Le

Jul 1, 2019, 1:13:33 PM7/1/19
to SolrNet

Hi there,

I just started using SolrNet and I've downloaded the SolrNetSampleApp from https://github.com/SolrNet/SolrNetSampleApps. I am running into an issue with what I believe to be the database configuration (or lack thereof) and I was hoping you would be able to help. The particular error that I get is flagged at line 72 of the Global.asax.cs file

var solr = ServiceLocator.Current.GetInstance<ISolrOperations<Product>>();

and the error is

System.InvalidOperationException: 'ServiceLocationProvider must be set.'

I can't seem to find a .dbo or .mdf file in the repo and am unsure about how to proceed running the sample app. Is the sample dataset provided somewhere? Should I alter the connection string somehow?

Best,

Lisa