Upon doing a search of the SolrMarc code, I can find that several individual Java files are Apache-licensed, but there does not appear to be an explicitly stated project-level license. I am copying the solrmarc-tech list into this reply so that this can potentially be addressed to prevent future confusion. This may also help reach Oliver Obenland.
Also, a side note: did you call me yesterday to ask about this? If so, I apologize for failing to return your call – my office phone does not seem to be configured to allow international calling, so I was unable to call back.
Please let me know if there’s anything more I can do to help.
I have a license question ... I see that vuFind is GPL-licensed. But, if I am not mistaken, it makes heavy use of SolrMarc (https://vufind.org/wiki/indexing:solrmarc). When looking at SolrMarc (https://github.com/solrmarc/solrmarc) I find no information about the license in the "About" section ...
Hello again, everyone –
I just spoke with Bob Haschart, the SolrMarc maintainer, and he agreed that the intent was always for this to be open source licensed, so I’ve added the missing license file here:
I hope this helps, and thanks for bringing it to our attention!