Profiling / time measurement per Solr field

Mario Trojan

Aug 28, 2019, 7:54:57 AM8/28/19
to solrmarc-tech
Hello,

our solr index contains about 150 custom fields. Most of them are indexed using custom functions from our own Mixin.
It would be pretty interesting to have an overview of all fields ordered by their indexing time (descending), so we know which field to optimize first.

Is there any simple way to get that information?

Regards,
Mario

Demian Katz

Aug 28, 2019, 8:01:36 AM8/28/19
to solrma...@googlegroups.com

I’m not especially familiar with Java development tools, but I wonder if attaching a standard Java profiler to SolrMarc might get you this information if there is no built-in solution...

- Demian

Mario Trojan

Aug 28, 2019, 8:09:45 AM8/28/19
to solrma...@googlegroups.com
After having a deeper look into the documentation i found out that SolrMarc supports the following parameter:
-Dsolrmarc.method.report=true

So i guess that this should already help, thanks anyway!

Demian Katz

Aug 28, 2019, 8:14:44 AM8/28/19
to solrma...@googlegroups.com