Recent marc4j on Maven Central?

Tod Olson

Sep 30, 2019, 11:23:49 AM9/30/19
to solrmarc-tech, Tod Olson
It was just pointed out to me that marc4j 2.8.3 is the most recent available on Maven Central. I thought 2.9 had been release back in July, and it looks like there's a tag for 2.10.

I'd like to confirm: what's the current release of marc4j? and how do versions get to Maven Central. (This really is out of ignorance, I've never gotten cozy with mvn.)

-Tod

Haschart, Robert J (rh9ec)

Sep 30, 2019, 2:59:32 PM9/30/19
to solrmarc-tech, Tod Olson
There process is that after creating and tagging the release on github.  I run the ant target  "sign"  which uses the gpg executable to sign the various artifacts as required by the Maven repository at Sonatype.org.    As a last step it creates the a file called bundle-2.9.jar   which is what sonatype requires.

After that the process is annoyingly manual.   In that I have to go to https://oss.sonatype.org  log in, select Staging Upload, and upload the created bundle.    Once it is uploaded as Staging Repository, I have to review it, and click the release button.

I'm sure I did all of those steps back in July, but it seems to not have actually published the new version.

I went through the steps again today, using the bundle I created back in July, and it seems to have worked this time.

-Bob

It was just pointed out to me that marc4j 2.8.3 is the most recent available on Maven Central. I thought 2.9 had been release back in July, and it looks like there's a tag for 2.10.

I'd like to confirm: what's the current release of marc4j? and how do versions get to Maven Central. (This really is out of ignorance, I've never gotten cozy with mvn.)

-Tod

Tod Olson

Sep 30, 2019, 3:01:01 PM9/30/19
to Robert Haschart, Tod Olson, solrmarc-tech
Great, thank you!

-Tod