A tool to help with Pomodoro breaks

Bob Silverberg

May 5, 2009, 3:45:12 PM5/5/09
to solo-...@googlegroups.com
I saw this today on Lifehacker and it sounded possibly useful, especially if you have trouble limiting your breaks to 5 minutes:

http://lifehacker.com/5239425/minutesplease-boosts-your-browsing-self+control

There is a link at the bottom of the post to 10 additional distraction stoppers, which is also kinda interesting.

--
Bob Silverberg
www.silverwareconsulting.com

Nacho Sánchez

May 5, 2009, 4:08:53 PM5/5/09
to solo-...@googlegroups.com
That's a great resource, Bob, thanks! Still, I feel my biggest problem with the pomodoro technique is keeping my breaks under 10 minutes. I feel I'm not ready until 15 minutes (at least) have passed. I'm tempted to start making the pomodoro longer, so at least I spend less time on breaks as a whole... Any suggestions?

Nacho

Edvinas Bartkus

May 19, 2009, 10:37:36 AM5/19/09
to Solo Scrum
For those whom software control is too weak there is a great toy on
your desk for time measurements:
http://www.whateverworks.com/itemdy00.asp?T1=K8519

Cheers,
Edvinas