OT: Get Jira enterprise for $5 (for charity)

Peter Bell

Apr 21, 2009, 10:31:38 AM4/21/09
to solo-...@googlegroups.com
This email summarized the offer better than I could. If any of you do work on small teams (under 5 people), it's really worth checking out. I bought three years of support for both JIRA and Confluence - total cost $30 for enterprise version for up to 5 users! Sorry for the OT posting, but I thought it was a pretty amazing offer. Doesn't hurt that the cash goes to charity. Obviously it's a play to get us all to adopt JIRA, but it's still a good deal if you work on a small team.

Best Wishes,
Peter

Begin forwarded message:

This is off-topic but it's for charity and will be of interest to many on here I'm sure.

JIRA Issue Tracker (and Confluence wiki) are available for $5 currently for 5-user licenses. The money is going to charity and the offer is only open until 24 April 2009.

This insanely good offer from Atlassian is aimed at helping startups and raising money for charity - and obviously getting us all hooked on the JIRA kool-aid :)

What is amazing about this is that you can renew your maintenance & support for just $5 in subsequent years. You can also buy extra maintenance in advance now (in case you don't believe them) at $5 per year.

This is the ENTERPRISE version of JIRA. The are some small caveats relating to support, and you must run it in "standalone" mode - i.e. using the embedded tomcat, you cannot WAR/EAR it and deploy it on another container.

For small teams, this is a no-brainer.

http://www.atlassian.com/starter/