Mother Pelican ~ June 2022

Luis Gutierrez

May 31, 2022, 11:08:32 PM5/31/22
to solidarity-sustainability group
Mother Pelican ~ June 2022
ARTICLES

Summary of "Limits and Beyond: 50 Years on from The Limits to Growth"
Ugo Bardi & Carlos Alvarez Pereira, Editors

Interlude 5 ~ The "Roots" of Sustainability: Neuro-Interspecies Interdependencies
Cara Judea Alhadeff

The Failure of Global Elites
Richard Heinberg

Can We Abandon Pollutive Fossil Fuels and Avoid an Energy Crisis?
Richard Heinberg

Preface of "The Alienated Planet: Saving Life on Our Majestic Planet"
Farid Pourkhatai

On Threats and How to Prevent Them
Jan Greguš

Birthing Abortion in a New Context
Megan K. Seibert

Capitalism as Religion: On 'The Enchantments of Mammon'
Chris Smaje

Ukraine's Challenge to Each of Us
Andrew Nikiforuk

The Environmental Cost of the War in Ukraine
Dmytro Averin et al

Radical Conservation: Misdirections, New Directions
Bram Büscher & Robert Fletcher

Contraction vs Distraction: Toward Earthier Coalitions
Catherine Keller

"The Limits to Growth" After 50 Years: More Relevant Than Ever
Ugo Bardi

Awakening to the Dreams of History
Laura J. Vollmer

Trapped in the Technosphere
Alexander Lautensach

Morality in the Womb: More than Meets the Mass's Eye
Max Kummerow

Sufficiency Means Degrowth
Timothée Parrique

Steering Away from a Car-Centric Society
Mai Nguyen

The Tragedy of the Uncommons ~ Part 1
Eliza Daley

The Tragedy of the Uncommons ~ Part 2
Eliza Daley

An Automatic Application of the Principle of Subsidiarity
Carmine Gorga

Busting Myths About Sex and Gender Is Crucial for Human Development
Agustín Fuentes

Biological Science Rejects the Sex Binary, and That's Good for Humanity
Agustín Fuentes

From Homo economicus to Homo ecologicus ~ Sequel 6 ~ Historical Dynamics
Luis T. Gutiérrez

Human development in harmony with nature is the existential challenge of our time. The goal of this journal is to foster integral human development and an integral ecology.

You are invited to submit comments, suggestions, and articles for publication. Deadline is the 15th of the month to be considered for the following month.

Sincerely,
Luis

Luis T. Gutiérrez
Mother Pelican Journal