Mother Pelican ~ November 2022

Luis Gutierrez

Oct 31, 2022, 11:34:19 PM10/31/22
to solidarity-sustainability group
Mother Pelican ~ November 2022
ARTICLES

The Beauty of Degrowth
John de Graaf

Boycott Civilization ~ Part 1 ~ Cancerous Collusions
Micaela Amateau Amato & Cara Judea Alhadeff

A Journey of No Return, Not a Circular Economy
Herman Daly

The Politics of Overconsumption and Getting the Scale Right
Wes Jackson & Robert Jensen

Is the Energy Transition Taking Off—or Hitting a Wall?
Richard Heinberg

Energy Transition and Post-growth Scenarios
Jaime Nieto & Óscar Carpintero

Three Myths About Economic Decarbonization
Ariadna Romans

How Does Global Energy Consumption Scale with GDP and Mass? A Biophysical Perspective
Carey W. King

Conservatives and the Steady State Economy: A Natural Fit
Brian Czech

Why We Need a Social Revolution, Not a Political One
Lorna Salzman

Failure of the Universities: The Culture Gap is Now Near Lethal
Paul R Ehrlich & Joan Diamond

Raindrops Keep Falling on My Head… and They Slide Right Off
Erik Assadourian

The Untold Story of the Food Crisis
Jennifer Kwao

Phantom Forests: Why Ambitious Tree Planting Projects Are Failing
Fred Pearce

Dreaming of Clean Green Flying Machines
Bart Hawkins Kreps

Degrowth, Decolonization, and Modern Monetary Theory
Winne van Woerden & Chris van de Ploeg

Why Financial Approaches Won't Fix the World's Economic Problems This Time
Gail Tverberg

Oil, War, and the Fate of Industrial Societies
Richard Heinberg

Capitalism: Why We Should Scrap It
Ted Trainer

Can We Prevent the Extinction of Species?
Shay Cullen

Love, Care, and Community ~ Our Deep Need for Belonging
Llewellyn Vaughan-Lee

The New Arms Race and the Approaching Climate Havoc:
A Tipping Point for Humanity

Fabian Scheidler

Patriarchy Has Been in Retreat - But in Places Seems as Strong as Ever. Will We Simply Evolve Out of It?
Ruth Mace

From Homo economicus to Homo ecologicus ~ Sequel 11 ~ Growth Dynamics
Luis T. Gutiérrez

Human development in harmony with nature is the existential challenge of our time. The goal of this journal is to foster integral human development and an integral ecology.

You are invited to submit comments, suggestions, and articles for publication. Deadline is the 15th of the month to be considered for the following month.

Sincerely,
Luis

Luis T. Gutiérrez
Mother Pelican Journal