Any opinions about Knollwood Energy?

Demetrios

Oct 8, 2011, 10:05:25 AM10/8/11
to SolarizeHarvard
Does anyone have any opinions or information about Knollwood Energy,
one of the companies we can use to cash in our SRECs? Are you useing
them, or another company? Here's the email I just received from them.
Thanks,

Demetrios

Knollwood Energy makes the SREC process seamless and effortless for
you. I will work with your installer to get the technical information
required to register your system; your meter readings are reported to
MassCEC monthly, then we automatically send payment for the number of
SRECs you minted.

A Solar Renewable Energy Credit equals 1000 kwhs (or one megawatt
hour). Credits are “minted” quarterly by Nepool GIS on the 15th day
of the following quarter plus one month. January-March reported
production is minted July 15th, April-June (October 15th); July-
September (January 15th); October-December (April 15th). Your system
is eligible for 40 quarters of SRECs from the quarter of interconnect.

The following are the different options we offer to monetize your
solar credits:

40 quarters: We will you 95% for the first 38 quarters then 100% for
the last two quarters.

5 year-95%: We will pay you 95% of what we sell the credits for.

2 year-92%: This option is the same as above, but for the customer
looking to enter into a shorter term contract.

The 2010 penalty rate was $600. MA lowered the 2011 penalty to $550.
The penalty is the price a utility pays if they have not purchased
enough srecs by the end of the compliance year. We sold first quarter
2011 credits for $539. We expect prices to stay stable for the
remainder of 2011. Please note, SRECs are a tradable commodity and
prices will fluctuate depending on supply and demand. Additionally,
changes made to the MA srec program will also affect pricing. Specific
prices listed above are historical data and to only be used as a
comparison.

Please email or call if you have any questions or to let me know which
contract option you prefer. I look forward to hearing from you soon.