Fwd: Harvard Community Solar Garden

Worth Robbins

Oct 2, 2011, 4:09:50 PM10/2/11
to solariz...@googlegroups.com
Sent today to Soiarlze Harvard registered interest list.

Begin forwarded message:

From: Solarize Harvard <solariz...@verizon.net>
Date: October 2, 2011 4:06:20 PM EDT
Subject: Harvard Community Solar Garden

Harvard's Community Solar Garden
Is this email not displaying correctly?
View it in your browser.
Greetings Worth,

Harvard's participants in the Solarize Massachusetts pilot achieved a spectacular milestone on Friday afternoon, with 100kW+ of contracts signed in one week, and Tier 4 pricing achieved. New England Breeze Solar will continue signing contracts through October for those who already have a proposal.

Wow!

But the job is only half done. Many of us were unable to participate, because our sites didn't qualify - no southern exposure, too much shade, structural issues, wetland or historical constraints, etc.

We tried to include a community solar garden option in the pilot, and many people said they would be interested in such an option. Now we are going to make that happen.

To that end, a survey has been created to quantify the interest - how many Harvard residents and businesses want to purchase photovoltaic solar capacity, to be installed and operated on their behalf in a community solar array, with virtual net metering to credit their share of production to their electricity meter? And how many want to do it now, to take advantage of a significant federal grant that expires at the end of 2011?

If you think you might be interested, please click this link:http://www.surveymonkey.com/s/LW3QZZH, and spend a few minutes to answer the survey questions. In the survey, you will be asked to provide contact information, which you may have already done, but to be sure we know how to reach you about the Community Solar Garden, please provide it again.

We will be activating a new Google Group, HarvardCSG. If you haven't received an invitation to join, you can go to groups.google.com/group/harvardcsg and click "join this group", or send email to harva...@googlegroups.com and ask to be added. We will use this group to communicate progress.

If you know anyone else in Harvard who might be interested, please feel free to forward this email to them, and encourage them to respond to the survey also.

Please respond as soon as possible. We want to make decisions about the amount of PV solar capacity to be installed in phase 1 very quickly, so we can take advantage of the expiring grant. There will most likely be additional phases added next year, so this won't be the last chance, but it may very well be the best opportunity for the most cost-effective solution we will see anytime soon. And as the Solarize Massachusetts program showed us, the more who participate, the lower the cost will be for everyone!

Contact Information
Worth Robbins:            781-258-8436 or worthr...@gmail.com
Jim Elkind:                    j...@elkind.org
Eric Broadbent:             ebroa...@mac.com
Tim Clark:                      noonmar...@gmail.com

Best regards,

Worth Robbins

P.S. I am coordinating the Community Solar Garden aspect of Solarize Massachusetts in Harvard. We are using MailChimp to help us manage our mailings so that we don't SPAM you. If you do not wish to receive any further e-mails, please click "unsubscribe" below.

Sent to worthr...@gmail.com  why did I get this?
unsubscribe from this list | update subscription preferences
Solarize Harvard · 23 Slough Road · Harvard, MA 01451
Email Marketing Powered by MailChimp