[Solar Gardens] Are Private Electricity Grids Fuelled by Renewable Energy the Future for Communities? | RenewableEnergyWorld.com

Joy Hughes

Dec 3, 2015, 6:20:22 PM12/3/15
to solarg...@googlegroups.com
Connecting new housing estates to their own private electricity grids fuelled by renewable energy is the cornerstone of ZEN Energy’s plan to put power back in the hands of consumers.

[...]

“Suddenly we’ve got relatively new technology that has come down dramatically in cost to the point where we can build a renewable power station at a township level which takes the form of shipping container sized batteries – you might have five or six or 10 of these in a row. It’s almost going back to the future – back 100 years to the old township-based power supply."

http://www.renewableenergyworld.com/articles/2015/12/are-private-electricity-grids-fuelled-by-renewable-energy-the-future-for-communities.html

--
Posted By Joy Hughes to Solar Gardens at 12/03/2015 03:20:00 PM