[Solar Gardens] Ireland: Proclamation for Community Energy | Friends of the Earth

1 view

Joy Hughes

Dec 8, 2015, 8:53:16 PM12/8/15
to solarg...@googlegroups.com

100 community groups and co-operatives launch a Proclamation for Community Energy today. For the first time in Ireland this 'Proclamation for Community Energy' recognises communities as active participants in the clean energy transition, and as the best way to unlock the renewable energy potential in Ireland.

Imagine a community putting its hands up and deciding to build a wind farm. Imagine all the schools in a town running on clean free solar electricity. Imagine your heating is powered by biomass and waste from the local farms. Imagine the profits from the local renewable energy project are shared by the local energy co-operative and the individuals and communities who are part of it. Imagine we owned all or part of the renewable energy that powers our lives.

--
Posted By Joy Hughes to Solar Gardens at 12/08/2015 05:53:00 PM