Free Piston Engine

Vinay Gupta

Sep 30, 2008, 4:07:47 PM9/30/08
to solar-...@googlegroups.com
http://nextbigfuture.com/2008/09/free-piston-engine-could-be-twice-as.html

Sandia National Laboratory led by Sandia researcher Peter Van Blarigan that has been testing physical components of free-piston engines which could be 50% efficient. This is about twice as good as current combustion engines and about as efficient as fuel cells. Fuel cells are too expensive. He is assembling a complete free-piston engine prototype, a project that he expects to complete within a year.

--
Vinay Gupta
Free Science and Engineering in the Global Public Interest

http://hexayurt.com - free/open next generation human sheltering
http://hexayurt.com/plan - the whole systems, big picture vision

Gizmo Project VOIP : (USA) 775-743-1851
Skype/Gizmo/Gtalk  : hexayurt
Icelandic Cell     : (+354) 869-4605

"If it doesn't fit, force it."

Marcin Jakubowski

Oct 5, 2008, 12:27:29 PM10/5/08
to solar-...@googlegroups.com
Sounds familiar. This is just a beefed up version of you linear
genarator steam engine - except it's internal combustion.

This I think may be a possibility. If Kevin Flanigan comes here - he
said he's coming in a week - we could focus him on this as a solar
turbine candidate - after we do some building.

He may end up in a second Hexayurt.

Marcin

--
----