Fwd: [fossilfreedom] Hot Water Uses

1 view

John Allen

May 17, 2007, 1:39:03 PM5/17/07
to Carlo Treves, Chris Xie, Mark Luo, solar-buddies, Roy Terry
Below is a note from a fellow suggesting that making use of the surplus summer heat will be a big factor in India. I think that many many folks are tuning into this as a critical factor and there will be solutions forthcoming. This will pave the way for more and larger solar thermal systems. I think the safest route to take is being the outfit that integrates components and provides the systems and ongoing monitoring and service. The second best opportunity I see is the high risk alternative of trying to develop less expensive collectors so customers can afford to cover a larger area. Adoption of the larger area approach is dependent on their being a good use of the surplus summer heat..

ja

May 17, 2007, 6:49:43 PM5/17/07
to Mark Luo, Carlo Treves, Chris Xie, solar-buddies, Roy Terry
Yes!!!

If need a lot of summer time air conditioning than this a very good use of the "surplus summer heat energy" from any solar thermal system that is sized to provide for more than just Summer DHW. Currently the absorption chillers are mostly sized for buildings larger than a residence, but they are moving towards residential. The Santa Clara University team for this years Solar Decathlon is using a solar powered chiller from Solarsa.

A quick Google shows wide interest.

ja

On 5/17/07, Mark Luo < gpa...@yahoo.com> wrote:
John

do you know anything about solar thermal airconditioning/cooling system? there are maybe some
chinese companiese making that right now. is it practical, theoritcally?

thanks

mark
< http://groups.yahoo.com/group/fossilfreedom/message/498;_ylc=X3oDMTMzanFvbmNjBF9TAzk3MzU5NzE0BGdycElkAzE0NzY5MzEzBGdycHNwSWQDMTcwNTA4MzI2OQRtc2dJZAM0OTgEc2VjA2Z0cgRzbGsDdnRwYwRzdGltZQMxMTc5NDIxNjEzBHRwY0lkAzQ5OA-->(

Traditional<fossilfreedo...@yahoogroups.com?subject=Change+Delivery+Format:+Traditional >

Energy< http://groups.yahoo.com/gads;_ylc=X3oDMTJkOHFtbnY4BF9TAzk3MzU5NzE0BF9wAzEEZ3JwSWQDMTQ3NjkzMTMEZ3Jwc3BJZAMxNzA1MDgzMjY5BHNlYwNzbG1vZARzdGltZQMxMTc5NDIxNjEz?t=ms&k=Energy&w1=Energy&w2=Sustainable+energy&w3=Alternative+energy+sources&w4=Energy+future&w5=Energy+sources&c=5&s=107&g=2&.sig=adyhrEyRiigUUrIDv-0IwA >

energy< http://groups.yahoo.com/gads;_ylc=X3oDMTJkNmdrMHNvBF9TAzk3MzU5NzE0BF9wAzIEZ3JwSWQDMTQ3NjkzMTMEZ3Jwc3BJZAMxNzA1MDgzMjY5BHNlYwNzbG1vZARzdGltZQMxMTc5NDIxNjEz?t=ms&k=Sustainable+energy&w1=Energy&w2=Sustainable+energy&w3=Alternative+energy+sources&w4=Energy+future&w5=Energy+sources&c=5&s=107&g=2&.sig=0ZjDHg6v6FPXAs_G-O2iCw >

sources< http://groups.yahoo.com/gads;_ylc=X3oDMTJkYmtuaHBiBF9TAzk3MzU5NzE0BF9wAzMEZ3JwSWQDMTQ3NjkzMTMEZ3Jwc3BJZAMxNzA1MDgzMjY5BHNlYwNzbG1vZARzdGltZQMxMTc5NDIxNjEz?t=ms&k=Alternative+energy+sources&w1=Energy&w2=Sustainable+energy&w3=Alternative+energy+sources&w4=Energy+future&w5=Energy+sources&c=5&s=107&g=2&.sig=K1bp858NpkdG-qIRH27d_w >

future< http://groups.yahoo.com/gads;_ylc=X3oDMTJkczdmZnRmBF9TAzk3MzU5NzE0BF9wAzQEZ3JwSWQDMTQ3NjkzMTMEZ3Jwc3BJZAMxNzA1MDgzMjY5BHNlYwNzbG1vZARzdGltZQMxMTc5NDIxNjEz?t=ms&k=Energy+future&w1=Energy&w2=Sustainable+energy&w3=Alternative+energy+sources&w4=Energy+future&w5=Energy+sources&c=5&s=107&g=2&.sig=p9NyuitxHGLNTacZ5WtWeA >

sources< http://groups.yahoo.com/gads;_ylc=X3oDMTJkcDJxY3BjBF9TAzk3MzU5NzE0BF9wAzUEZ3JwSWQDMTQ3NjkzMTMEZ3Jwc3BJZAMxNzA1MDgzMjY5BHNlYwNzbG1vZARzdGltZQMxMTc5NDIxNjEz?t=ms&k=Energy+sources&w1=Energy&w2=Sustainable+energy&w3=Alternative+energy+sources&w4=Energy+future&w5=Energy+sources&c=5&s=107&g=2&.sig=h1DX8YK60R9ZeW6u98NnFw >

News< http://us.ard.yahoo.com/SIG=12jnlgl44/M=493064.10729659.11333350.8674578/D=groups/S=1705083269:NC/Y=YAHOO/EXP=1179428813/A=3848606/R=0/SIG=12t5n1ri6/*http://news.yahoo.com/i/721;_ylt=A9FJqZeOvK5EKmgAbwsLMxIF;_ylu=X3oDMTA2NWJlcmlsBHNlYwN0bg-- >

> Get the latest
>
> world news now
>  Yahoo! Finance
>
> It's Now