/dev/vga

pa...@originative.co.uk

Aug 5, 2004, 9:50:22 AM8/5/04
I can't start X anymore it complains about being unable to mmap
/dev/vga.

I can't find anywhere in the code that creates /dev/vga, anyone have
any clues?

rwa...@freebsd.org

Aug 5, 2004, 10:22:26 AM8/5/04

On Thu, 5 Aug 2004, Paul Richards wrote:

> I can't start X anymore it complains about being unable to mmap
> /dev/vga.
>
> I can't find anywhere in the code that creates /dev/vga, anyone have any
> clues?

Are you using the XiG X11 server?

Robert N M Watson FreeBSD Core Team, TrustedBSD Projects
rob...@fledge.watson.org Principal Research Scientist, McAfee Research

gle...@freebsd.org

Aug 5, 2004, 10:42:30 AM8/5/04
On Thu, Aug 05, 2004 at 12:59:30AM +0100, Paul Richards wrote:
P> I can't start X anymore it complains about being unable to mmap
P> /dev/vga.

I have /dev/io and /dev/mem disappered in today's CURRENT :)

--
Totus tuus, Glebius.
GLEBIUS-RIPN GLEB-RIPE

pa...@freebsd.org

Aug 5, 2004, 1:38:15 PM8/5/04
On Thu, Aug 05, 2004 at 06:42:06PM +0400, Gleb Smirnoff wrote:
> On Thu, Aug 05, 2004 at 12:59:30AM +0100, Paul Richards wrote:
> P> I can't start X anymore it complains about being unable to mmap
> P> /dev/vga.
>
> I have /dev/io and /dev/mem disappered in today's CURRENT :)

Yeah, same happened to me but I fixed that and now X complains about
/dev/vga.