Re: Ports broken by compiler upgrade

michaeln...@gmx.net

Aug 5, 2004, 6:25:03 AM8/5/04

--Boundary-02=_ergEBI8HDJcr+ZT

On Thursday 05 August 2004 07:56, Pete Carah wrote:

> Many ports that compile in C++ are broken by the recent
> compiler upgrade; the packages distribution hasn't caught
> up *at all* either.

Yes, as usual the packages on the mirrors are lagging behind (and additiona=
lly=20
our guy who uploads them is on holiday :-)).

> Two examples, artsd and aspell both abort instantly with
> undefined symbols; either the name-mangling has changed

Yes. Symbol name-mangling has definitely changed, you're in for a complete=
=20
recompile of all things C++ - or wait for updated packages to become=20
available.

However, since the libxine fix has been committed yesterday, KDE's dependen=
cy=20
path is now completely clear again - all of KDE builds fine, except KOffice=
=20
(which will be updated to 1.3.2 tomorrow, which builds fine). Also=20
kdemultimedia has been reported to not build with optimization higher than=
=20
=2DO, I'm currently testing a fix. I'm planning to do a real big commit to =
many=20
KDE ports tomorrow, accompanied by new packages on fruitsalad - stay tuned.

=2D-=20
,_, | Michael Nottebrock | lo...@freebsd.org
(/^ ^\) | FreeBSD - The Power to Serve | http://www.freebsd.org
\u/ | K Desktop Environment on FreeBSD | http://freebsd.kde.org