gvinum resetconfig

sh...@gvmail.vine.co.za

Aug 5, 2004, 9:51:55 AM8/5/04
Hi All,

I'm looking for some help with geom_vinum (gvinum) and the resetconf
command. I've moved some disk around but they still keep the old gvinum
configuration. i've tried resetconfig aka vinum but it just returns to
the prompt ;(

Can I dd the disk to wipe out the geom_vinum config information. I've
seup geom_vinum similar to the Robert A. Van Valzah article, except
I'm running 5.2-CURRENT as of yesterday. I have had /dev/gvinum/root;
/dev/gvinum/swap and /dev/gvinum/usr up and running.

I've also tried using vinum to resetconfig and create to try and
clear... not luck...

Thanks.

Shaun Courtney

--
Grapevine Interactive
Research and Development

m...@cinci.rr.com

Aug 5, 2004, 5:24:44 PM8/5/04
Lukas Ertl wrote:

> On Thu, 5 Aug 2004, Shaun Courtney wrote:
>
>> I'm looking for some help with geom_vinum (gvinum) and the resetconf
>> command. I've moved some disk around but they still keep the old gvinum
>> configuration. i've tried resetconfig aka vinum but it just returns to
>> the prompt ;(
>

> 'resetconfig' needs to be implemented first (no, I'm not lazy, I just
> spent two days in a row to build my new kitchen, and I'm still not
> finished yet :-/).
>
> You can wipe the config by doing 'dd if=/dev/zero of=/dev/ad0s1e bs=32k
> count=10' (but only, when geom_vinum isn't loaded).

Is it is possible to remove individual device definitions (EX: drive a
device /dev/adx)? I was playing around with
a bunch of vnode disks which I've since gotten rid of, but the drive
defs are still saved in the config of my real disks.

Thanks, Mike