FreshPorts/FreeBSDDiary - hardware problems

d...@langille.org

Aug 2, 2004, 12:25:50 PM8/2/04
The server which runs FreshPorts, The FreeBSD Diary, FreshSource, and
a few other domains, is having hardware problems. Disk problems to
be precise.

I hope to get a new disk installed on Monday.

So we're seeing a lot of this on the console:

ad0: READ command timeout tag=0 serv=0 - resetting
ata0: resetting devices ..
ad0: removed from configuration
done
spec_getpages:(#ad/0x20000) I/O read failure: (error=6) bp 0xcc820308
vp 0xd6783ec0
size: 0, resid: 0, a_count: 16016, valid: 0x0
nread: 0, reqpage: 0, pindex: 8, pcount: 4
vm_fault: pager read error, pid 21244 (sleep)
--
Dan Langille : http://www.langille.org/