Chernivsti research status

Avraham

Nov 25, 2021, 2:12:43 PM11/25/21
to sokiryany-j...@googlegroups.com
Hi all, the current status is:
Our contact (Sergei from now on :) has been hesitating upon closing the deal ($50-per-doc 3 docs project) - apparently fearing he may not find the docs and not get paid, wasting his time. Makes sense from his side.

So I have suggested that we split the endeavor into 2 visits:
1 - to get familiar with the archive, learn where/how to search for resources/docs, estimate how many Secureni docs are there
2 - Finally visiting the archive, knowing where to find the docs we specified, and returning with them 3 digitalized.

In the meantime, Liliya Shelly offered to talk to a friend of her that lives in Chernovitz and have her son try to do the job for us. If Sergei does not want to continue, I guess I will try Liliya's option.

Contributors this far (28): (Will eventually move this list to a spreadsheet)

obe...@uol.com.brItaloOberman
sgser...@gmail.comSergeGURVIL
erkenb...@comcast.netCarlErkenbrecher
vsin...@gmail.comVladSinayuk
sgol...@gmail.comFelixGoldshmidt
robi...@nmia.comSherryRobinson
donnalw...@gmail.comDonnaWeinstein Kirsh
par...@gmail.comAvnerParnes
-------------------------- 8 -------------------------------
 9. Miriam Schneidman
10 Rachel Jury - rache...@yahoo.com
11. Liliya Shelly
12. Felix goldschmit
13. Ariel Kotzer
14. Ann Friedlander

15. Ann Francesconi annfran...@gmail.com

20 Art Gershowitz
21 Roberto Abramovich
22 Samuil Koyfman
23 Marcos Schechtman
24 Kim Hershon
25 Sonia Schechtman
26 Izzy
27 Einat Kapitulnik
28 Dor

Regards
Avraham

Mitchell C. Sklar

Nov 25, 2021, 2:17:38 PM11/25/21
to sokiryany-j...@googlegroups.com
Hello Avraham  -  didn't see my name on the list, but I am very glad to contribute.

Mitchell C. Sklar
sent from my mobile device

For any issues or further assistance, don't hesitate to contact the group's administrator at 435....@gmail.com

Good luck for everyone of us in our quests for tracing back stories we did not ask to be forgotten.
---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Sokiryany Jewish Roots" group.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/sokiryany-jewish-roots/CABcex_vKn8SYqHaQ09%3DDHY99ByzZkVfmu711sVyK9kJMVjDkbQ%40mail.gmail.com.

Regina Blacher

Nov 25, 2021, 2:35:36 PM11/25/21
to sokiryany-j...@googlegroups.com
Hi Avraham and all,
I want to contribute too.
Thank you for all the arrangements .
Regina Blacher

shai zontag

Nov 25, 2021, 2:53:08 PM11/25/21
to sokiryany-j...@googlegroups.com
I also want to contribute, thank you very much everyone

‫ב-25 בנוב׳ 2021, בשעה 21:35, ‏‏Regina Blacher ‏<regina....@gmail.com> כתב/ה:‬

Avraham

Nov 25, 2021, 2:54:03 PM11/25/21
to sokiryany-j...@googlegroups.com
Here is the full list of contributors, updated, and as a spreadsheet.
You can now edit it on your own.

Avraham

Dec 3, 2021, 4:02:24 AM12/3/21
to sokiryany-j...@googlegroups.com
Einat, I have not heard from our new contact for a week.
I can only assume I posed things very inappropriately or he simply did not understand our proposal and decided to stop responding (or he may have been unable to communicate these days).
We are going to switch to someone else to do the job - Lilya Shelly's friend son who lives in Chernivsti.
I just did not have time to make further progress.
Pressured weeks at work.
Will keep you posted as soon as I have news.

Shabat Shalom